Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fathers, Fur, and Friends

As it has been a little while since I last posted, I will have to play a little catch-up.

First, let's talk about Fathers, and how Craig is a good one:-) Cameron REALLY loves his dad. Craig can often be seen playing video games with his boy, or playing Magic: TG (their own special version), or just hanging out together. They have a very special bond, and it is great to see the two of them together.

In honor of such a wonderful dad, I baked a wonderful cake! It has been a while since I last did a cake. This one was only a 6in, but by the end of decorating my hands were almost numb with pain, and I could barely move my fingers. In case you all were wondering, that is why you do not see very many cakes from me anymore! But I was happy to do this one, and even happier to see that I had not lost the old skills:-)



Here is a Cameron funny. As we were getting ready to cut into the cake, Cameron said, "We already had Mother's Day, and now it is Father's Day." There was a little pause, and then he asked, "When is Little Boy's Day?" So, we decided we would have to put together an "unofficial" Little Boy's Day. Stay tuned for that!

Things have been going very well with our puppy, Orion. I am happy to report that he very rarely pees in the house anymore. However, he still has the habit of pooping on the carpet. Yuck! Just yesterday Orion pooped in the living room. Craig was the one who found it (I was downstairs) and I had assumed he had cleaned it up. Nope. He waited for me to get it. Next thing we know, Cameron had JUMPED in the poop, and SMEARED it across the carpet. it was really ground in there! Fortunately, I have a special enzyme cleaner that took care of it - no stain, no smell.

Of course, Cameron went to time out. I told him he needed to think about what he had done. Through his tears, he proclaimed, "I think I need a nap. I need some quiet time." I could not agree more!

Orion is still a great motivator for exercising. We still go on two walks a day, and I am now in my third week of jogging. I can now jog about 1/3 mi. Still not much, but baby steps, right? I am also keeping up with my pilates. And all this exercise has made a noticeable difference. I think I have probably lost at least an inch off my waist, and my whole body feels leaner and firmer. I am feeling really good! I am not sure if it is due to the exercise, but I have also had FAR fewer migraines this month. It may still be too soon to tell, but I am hoping that this good be what my body has really needed all along.

Another good thing has come from my new exercise regime, and that is that Craig has now taken up running and other exercise again! I think he has seen how much it has benefited me, and it motivated him to do likewise.

The exercising has been great for Orion, too. He is well on his way to becoming a very healthy and balanced dog! But I was feeling a little guilty for spending so much time with my dog, and not as much time with my son. So now Craig and I have committed to taking Cameron to the park every day so that he can run and release his own energy.

Hmm, can one little dog really help a whole family get in shape? Stay tuned!

This past Saturday we met with Craig's cousin Jessie and her family, as well as Clin and his family down in Salt Lake. It was a gorgeous day as we toured Temple Square. I have been there quite a bit lately for photoshoots, but it was nice to just wander around leisurely, and it was nice to see family.

My favorite part was when we saw the Joseph Smith movie. SO AMAZING! If you have not had the chance to see it, GO SEE IT! It was just incredibly powerful, and only served to reinforce in my mind that I know Joseph Smith to be a true prophet of God. He did more for us than can be imagined, and sacrificed even more to make those things happen. He was truly inspired, and loved by so many. I realized later that we actually saw the movie on the anniversary date of Joseph's martyrdom - June 27, 1844. Coincidence?

And finally (I know this is getting long, just bare with me), Saturday night was our Ward party. We went to the Layton Surf n Swim, which is a bog wave pool located in the park next to us. We had not been there before, but we had a lot of fun! The food was great, and Cameron LOVED the wave pool! It was pretty shallow for the most part, and he could walk out pretty far, but mostly he enjoyed sitting in the inner tube and riding the waves:-) We decided we will need to go back again when we get the chance.

Well, that is all for now. There are a few other things, but I will cover those in another post later.

1 comment:

paulandjenthatcher said...

Wow! You are a very multi-talented woman! That cake looks beautiful!

And it was so fun to see pictures of your house, your new puppy, and your family. Oh, how you make me want to get a nice camera and take up photography! If I'm ever as good as you are, I'll be very pleased. I hope the business is going well. We miss you guys!