Sunday, July 11, 2010

My First Bridal Show!

This past Thursday I received a call from Jan Schuurman of Shoootz Photography inviting me to participate as a vendor in their Fantazy Bridal Show which took place at the Wight House in Bountiful. Except the show was this past Saturday!! That gave me only 36 hours to put everything together. I have never participated in a bridal show before, and I had NO studio samples of brides or weddings. A little odd, yes, but everything I have is of portraits. Pretty much the only thing I had was my business cards.

Thanks to the fabulous people at Inkley's in Layton, UT and to Chester at Postnet in North Salt Lake, I was able to pull together a nice presentation. I still did not have samples of albums and such, but I still think my booth looked nice. And I had an added bonus in that my booth had a very large flat screen TV with a DVD player so that I could run a sideshow of some of my favorite weddings.

Saturday was a very hot day, and I think there was another bridal show happening elsewhere. So maybe that is what kept the brides away. At any rate, there were really not a lot of people in attendance. I am not sure if anything will come out of it for me, but I still had fun.

My booth was right next to the best cake decorators ever! Tricia of Sweet Perfection had the BEST tasting cake I have ever had!!! Her Tuxedo cake was really an out of body experience. And her cakes were beautiful as well.

I sat across from Rusty Sessions of Sidewinder Photography. We had a great time bantering back and forth and strutting our stuff, lol. It was all in good fun, though. I did find out that Rusty was one of the judges at the Davis County Fair last year that awarded one of my images with Best of Show, so I give him a big kudos (even if he IS a Canonite!).

Here are some images of me and my booth. In the future I may try some of the bigger shows as well.

No comments: