Thursday, December 03, 2009

Thanksgiving and a BIG BIRTHDAY

What an. . .interesting holiday we had. First, at the beginning of the week we found out that my sis, Jenny, had to go in for emergency surgery. She had appendicitis, and some other complications. Surgery went fine, but then the nurse OD'd her on pain meds and she lapsed into a coma. Not good. The pulled her out of it, and she was actually home in time for Thanksgiving. Crazy! She is doing pretty well now.

For Thanksgiving, we had all the rest of my family at my house, even my bro Bill, who we hardly ever see. I had to work in the morning, but I left instructions on what to cook, so that by the time i got home we could just do some finishing touches and be ready to eat. I worked doggedly all morning, and rushed home, only to find that hardly anything had been done! Only the turkey was finished. The excuse? They got caught up playing video games. I am REALLY starting to hate video games.

So, then I rushed around the kitchen, finishing everything up. Despite the chaos, I think the food turned out pretty good. My favorite were the deviled eggs. Yum!!! And no, I am not going to post a picture of them. Y'all should know what turkey and deviled eggs look like!

It was great having everyone over for Thanksgiving. This was my first year hosting it, and I think it went pretty well. I just wish we had a little more space to put everyone!

As many of you know, I just celebrated THAT birthday. The one that has the 3 and the 0 in it. Yipes! Somedays I really am starting to feel old, but I think that has more to do with me working so much lately. Although, I am VERY grateful for the job I have. We didn't do anything for my birthday, but I did get the day off from work (yay!), and Craig made dinner and brownies for dessert.

Here is irony for you: I love decorating cakes, but I don't like to eat them. Go figure.

Last night Craig and I went out to his work's Christmas Party at the Timberline Steakhouse in Ogden. Seemed to be a very popular place, but I did not think their food was anything grandiose. I guess I just have a soft spot for Outback and Black Angus:-) Great food, low price.

Now we are gearing up for Christmas. Cameron asks nearly every day if it is time to open presents, lol. He is getting some cool space toys this Christmas. He LOVES to hear all about outer space and astronauts. And yes, he is a big Star Wars fan, lol. I love seeing him get so excited to learn about something. This is such a great age for him!

No comments: