Monday, August 10, 2009

Cakes and Dinosaurs

This past week we had the opportunity to head out to my parent's house in Price, UT. They are planning on selling their house, and I agreed to take some nice photos of the house. It is almost a shame they have to leave the home. It is by far the largest home they have ever been in, and I know they really liked the area. However, since they are moving closer to us, I don't feel too bad about it:-)

Since this past weekend was also the birthdays of my sister Amanda (who turned 15) and my dad (who's age I will not disclose), I also decided to bake them a cake. The specifications were that it must be a chocolate cake with chocolate icing. I decided to add some strawberries for a little color and flavor. This was a pretty simple cake, but it was really yummy.

My sister took one look at the cake, declared she hated homemade icing, and refused to even try the cake. Sad. Who would not love to eat this cake? So delicious and moist.

On Friday we decided to visit the Dinosaur museum. Cameron loved looking at all the big skeletons and watching the live alligator. My favorite was the phosphorescent rocks seen under a black light. So cool! And for those of you wondering, yes, Craig STILL remembers most of the dinosaur names, even the really long, hard to pronounce ones.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Pretty cake!! Looks yummy!