Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Miraculously NOT pregnant

I don't get it. I really don't get it.

This past cycle I was put on Clomid to help stimulate my ovaries and hopefully produce more eggs, which in turn would give us a much greater chance of getting pregnant. On cycle day 21 I went in for some bloodwork. They wanted to test my progesterone levels to see if I ovulated. I was pretty certain I had. Well, I just got the results back, and my levels were at 54.27!!!! That is RIDICULOUSLY high. A normal non-pregnant woman would be expected to have levels of around 8-10, maybe a little higher. But not THAT high. So imagine the nurse's surprise when i told her I was almost certain I am NOT pregnant. How is it even possible? Everything was perfect. PERFECT! And still no baby. I have no symptoms, and i had a negative urine test. Seriously, what is going on? One would think I would be pregnant with twins right now, but no such luck. An unsolved mystery. I hate mysteries.

No comments: