Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Unexplained infertility

So, I went to see my doc yesterday. Seems I am there a lot, these days. Anyway, we discussed the results of all the tests we have had done in the past several weeks, and he has come to the conclusion that there is no scientific reason why we have not been able to get pg, particularly when we were successful in the past. So, I have now been officially diagnosed with Unexplained Secondary Infertility. There is not much they can do, except put me on Clomid and hope that it will increase our chances of getting pg.

We are just going to keep going and doing what we can. Obviously, the Lord has a hand in this, and we need to continue to be patient - not always an easy thing! Wouldn't it be so nice if the Lord would let us in on the plans he has for us sometimes?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

You were the random winner in my BYU memories entry. Send me an email with your address and I'll send you your prize! jennyfosdickATgmailDOTcom

I'm sorry to hear you are still having fertility problems. Just don't forget that the Lord knows you and that this too shall pass.

K and M said...

Infertility is a huge pain, I am so sorry it it something you have to deal with!! Have they tested you for PCOS? It took almost 4 years and 5 doctors to figure out what I had. I also had TERRIBLE mood swings and the meds they put me on make me (almost) normal. :) Best of luck to you. Be careful on Clomid though, my sister was on it and went psycho. She got pregnant with triplets shortly thereafter, but she said she would never do Clomid again. She, and her family, were miserable...

Good Luck!

Sarah Stiles said...

Nope, no PCOS. They have checked for that twice. They just don't know what's wrong. So far, I feel no different at all from the Clomid. I heard triplets was really rare. THAT would scare me more than anything else! Considering my previous birth experience, I doubt I could survive with triplets.