Monday, November 14, 2011

Rewind - Cameron's Birthday

I have been terrible about keeping up to date on my blogs lately. October was my busiest month yet in my studio, and I also worked full time with Bella Baby and had my family to take care of. Blogging was a little low on my list of priorities:-) But I actually have a little free time (!), so I thought I would hop on here and post a little.

As many of you know, Cameron turned SEVEN this past September. How crazy is that? And why do kids have to grow up so dang fast? His birthday party was a huge success - lot so kids running around, all hyped up on cake and ice cream. And what a cake it was!

Cameron's birthday theme was Knights. He has always been very in to swords and castles, so he picked this particular theme. And he specifically requested a "big castle cake with a dragon on top!" This was really going to put my cake decorating skills to the test! But because I love him like crazy, I was willing to give it a shot. It took three days to make the cake, which I finished minutes before the first guests arrived. The dragon was made entirely out of chocolate (except for the tissue paper wings). The cakes were really yummy, too:-) The bottom was chocolate cake with chocolate cream, bananas, chocolate chip, and a chocolate drizzle for the filling (not recommended for anyone on a diet!). The top was a rainbow chip cake with cherry cream and maraschino cherries for the filling.





We have always loved having a pinata at Cameron's parties, and this year I found a cool red dragon pinata. But that dragon did NOT die easily! Every kid took several turns trying to beat it open. Nothing. Not even a dent.

Even the "big kids" couldn't do it!

So finally we decided that hand-to-hand combat would be the best thing to finish this dragon off, and it was torn limb from limb.

And there was much rejoicing in the land.

And at the end of it all, Cameron got lots of great gifts from family and friends (which included FOUR new swords to add to his collection!).



2 comments:

Christina Tandy said...

Sounds like it was quite the success! So how many swords does Cameron have now in total?

Sarah Stiles said...

five swords and a number of smaller daggers. None of them are real, of course, but we are planning on getting him a metal sword when he turns eight. Part of an "Armor of God" thing we are working on this year.