Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A lil bit of Christmas

Ah, finally a moment to sit and blog about Christmas! Well, technically I still have LOTS more to unpack (I HATE moving!), but I am taking a little time out today.


This was really the first year that Cameron has really been excited about Santa Claus and presents. I thought about taking him to the mall, but I did not want to battle the crowds. But he was still able to meet Santa at the ward Christmas Party. What did he ask for? A new Lightsaber! Cameron is very big into Star Wars:-)


Even though we knew we were moving, we still decided to put up our own Christmas decorations. Christmas is my favorite holiday, and I like to do it up right:-) We still have the little tree that I have had since my college days. Next year I plan to get a real tree, and then hit the after-Christmas sales for a nice pre-lit tree (do you have any idea how painfully annoying it is to string lights on a tree?).



We spent Christmas Day at my parent's home in Price, UT. Craig had to work both on Christmas Eve, and the day after Christmas, so it was a very shot trip for us. But since we still had so much packing to do, we felt it was probably better this way, anyway.

The guys had a lot of fun on the computer. They seemed to be glued to it almost the whole time.


It is rare to have everyone together. All the kids, in-laws, and grand kids were present. While the boys were busy on the computer, the girls were busy trading off who got to hold the newest addition to the family:-)

The Loot. And was there ever a lot of it! Granted, more than half was for my sis Jenny and her family with four kids. Makes sense. Still, it is fun to see so many presents under the tree. Adn that Tree! That is the only tree I can ever remember having. I think my parents got it when I was about 6, so it has been around for about 23 years!!!! Seriously, it looked like it was about to fall over. Time to get a new tree, don't you think?

And what did Santa bring Cameron? A new Lightsaber, of course! He was sooo excited to get it. He has hardly put it down since:-)

We had to leave before we could eat the Christmas Dinner. We wanted to make it out of the canyon before it got too dark. As it was, it was stil dark, and snowed a lot, but we took it easy and made it through okay. Cameron was so tired from the day that before we had even made it out of my parent's neighborhood he was sound asleep, and slept the entire way home! Unfortunately, that meant he was awake for a while after that.

It was a good Christmas, and it was great to see family again. Now I am looking forward to a new year full of new adventures!

No comments: