Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tribute to Gordon B. Hinckley


There are few times when a piece of news is heard and felt throughout the world. Today we lost a great man, Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley. I have been around a few years, and I remember other prophets. But they never had so much impact on my life as Pres. Hinckley did. I loved his willpower, his energy, his great love. I felt such a strong connection to him, though I never had the opportunity to meet him personally. What a great example of love and life he shared with the world! There are very few who have walked this earth that have accomplished as much as he has. I will miss his quick wit, his humor, his great example of service, his love for the church and his family. His love for his wife was such a wonderful example for me in my marriage, and I hope that Craig and I will share that some deep love for each other as Pres. Hinckley shared with his with, Marjorie. He was true to his faith, his family, his country, and his world. His influence upon this earth will be felt for many years to come, and his great legacy will live on forever. We thank thee O God for a Prophet!!!!

No comments: