Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Are you smarter than a 5-year-old?

Last night we were talking to Cameron about how the Earth spins and makes night and day. This was totally cool to him:-) We used a flashlight with his globe. We even pointed to where we lived, so he could tell us if we were in night or day as the globe spun around.

Then, Cameron let us know that the atmosphere on our planet is what creates the bright blue sky. He said if we took the atmosphere away, then the sky would just be black. We could still see, though, because of the light from the sun.

This is something I SHOULD have known, but I didn't. Or rather, I never thought about it before, so it wasn't high on my list of things "to know". So, my five-year-old taught me something. I really didn't expect stuff like this to happen until he was much older. This kid is smart!

And yes, he really did say "atmosphere".

No comments: