Friday, March 13, 2009

Update on Craig & Sarah, too

As some of you are aware, I recently lost my job at Lifetouch National School Studios. While I was sad to leave, I was also a little bit happy at the thought of not having to get up so ridiculously early in the morning, and also having my car to myself again (as it was previously loaded with all my equipment). Things were tight for a little while, and then I got a new job. With Lifetouch Preschool Studios. The irony is killing me. Now I am back to early mornings and car full of equipment. But so far I like it. Working with little ones is lots of fun (usually). And I get paid more, which makes me plenty happy.

So, we thought we were going to be doing pretty well, when out of now where, Craig lost his job, too. It came as a completely unexpected shock, and a heavy blow. They closed his whole branch. He is currently looking for new work, and hopefully he will be able to find something that will be right for us.

In the meantime, he is starting training to become and actuary. I am not exactly sure what that is, but I know it has something to do with economics and statistics, which is what he really likes to do. Once he gets a job, it pays quite well, with the potential to earn more if you take certain tests. We are really excited about it!

I am also continuing to work on building my photography business. I am doing everything I can to get my name out there. New clients are rare right now, due to the economy, but when it turns again, I want people to remember me first when it comes to finding a photographer.

We love living in our new house. Having a house is soooo much better than an apartment. Now that the weather is warming up, we are noticing flowers coming up in our yard. There is a little plot in the backyard that I plan to put a garden in. Garden fresh veggies - yum! Cameron loves visiting the park and the library, which are both next door to us, and I love having the mall and shopping centers close by. Seriously, I think we are in the best location ever!

Well, that's the news. Wasn't all great, but we are hanging in there. Times are tough for a lot of people, but it just makes you stop and realize what is really important in your life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the job situation. Best of luck to Craig in his job search.

The Plum Verbena said...

I am sorry about Craig's job! I will be praying he finds a job quickly!!! GL!